The recipient of the 2018 Diocesan Offering will be the Alzheimer’s Society.
Alzheimer’s Society are providing some fantastic services across North Wales, offering support, help, advice and information to people living with dementia. It also provides a national dementia helpline and an online forum for people affected by dementia to share information and experiences. The charity is working to change society through its campaigning and its Dementia Friends and Dementia Friendly Communities initiatives. And it funds research into the cause, treatment, prevention and cure of dementia, including research in Bangor and Cardiff.
You can find information about the how the Diocese is working to become Dementia Friendly in our section: Becoming a Dementia Friendly Diocese.
Thank you so much for supporting this vital work. Every pound you raise will help us defeat dementia.
To help you along the way Alzheimer’s Society would like to offer a few fundraising suggestions for the next few months…..
- Six Nations Rugby: Why not host a Six Nations Sweepstake!
- Lent Challenge: You may want to give up something for 40 days of Lent…and donate the money you save or ask family and friends to sponsor you!
- Decorate a Pancake: Shrove Tuesday is on 13 February so why not hold a pancake day decorations competition! Ask for a small donation to decorate a pancake and judge which pancake is the best.
- Valentine’s Bake Sale: Why not earn some brownie points and bake up a storm for Valentine’s Day! Sell your Valentine’s Day treats for a suggested donation.
- Recycled Jewellery: Those odd earrings, that broken bracelet…they can all help us fight dementia. Collect your unwanted jewellery and we’ll recycle it to raise much-needed funds to support and care for people affected by dementia. Perhaps you could arrange for a collection in your church and when you’re ready contact me for details on how to send it off, free of charge.
Ruth Owen is the Community Fundraiser for Alzheimer’s Society in North Wales
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01492 543946 / 07885 231607