The Governors of St. Michael’s Church in Wales Voluntary Aided Primary School, Diocese of St. Asaph, invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced teachers with Christian commitment, enthusiasm and vision to lead the school. They will have the ability to maintain and extend our high standards and Christian ethos and to further develop this very successful school. The role will include a 0.54 teaching commitment.
St. Michael’s School is located in the rural village of Kerry in the wonderful location of the Kerry Vale and has a roll of approximately 135 pupils. The school has a close relationship with St. Michael’s and All Angels Church, the thriving village and the surrounding local communities.
This is a full-time permanent position, starting in September 2017. (ISR Leadership 8 – 14)
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent classroom practice across the whole school
- Organise themselves and others, solve problems and have the ability to enthuse others, inspiring pupils and staff alike
- Show strong leadership and managerial qualities, whilst working as part of a team
- Demonstrate strategic planning and financial management skills, whilst maintaining a strong passion for teaching
- Continue to build strong home – school links and welcome the local community into the life of the school
- Continue to develop the strong relationship between the school, the Church and the Governors
- Prove their experience by either being a serving Headteacher or possess or currently undertaking assessment of the NPQH qualification at the time of application.
- A happy, successful and well managed school with hardworking, supportive and caring staff.
- Supportive parents and children who are polite, well-behaved, enthusiastic and eager to come to school.
- A supportive Governing Body, Church and Christian Community.
- A beautiful rural setting in which to work.
Visits are welcome to the school.
Application forms and further details are available from:
Phone: 01597 82 6409
Letter: Recruitment Team, Powys County Council, County Hall, Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 5LG
Or complete the application form below, accompanied by your supporting letter
PLEASE RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS DIRECT TO:
Martin Jones, Chair of Governors
St Michael’s Church in Wales Voluntary Aided Primary School,
Powys SY16 4NU
Powys County Council welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, disability, sexuality, religious belief or age
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 13th February 2017.
INTERVIEW DATES: Tuesday 28th February 2017.
Documents for this job:
Further details from:
Powys County Council
Spa Road East
Phone number: 01597 82 6409
Email address: email@example.com