Money for local initiatives
As part of our commitment to youth work (11+) in the diocese we have been making funding available to youth projects based in parish groupings, deaneries or Archdeaconries.
There is still some money available; please contact Tim Feak for more information.
- Each application will be assessed according to these criteria:
- Is there an identifiable need for the project? How will it further the ministry and mission of the Church in the area?
- Does the project have the capacity to become self-sustaining, once the diocese ceases to offer funding and what are the indications that it will be
- Are there opportunities for
collaboration with other community groups parishes, or denominations.
- Are there other sources of funding
available – could funding from the
diocese be used for match funding?
- How will the project be managed?
- Have targets been set?
- Will there be an opportunity to share the experience with other parts of the
archdeaconry / diocese and what training
possibilities could extend from the project?
The Archbishop of Wales’ Fund for Children
Established by the Church in Wales in 2001 as a response to the Children’s Society’s decision to withdraw from Wales, the fund is administered by a Board of Trustees and staff of the Representative Body of the Church in Wales who provide day to day clerical and administrative service.
The fund is a registered charity. Our charity number is 102236.
There are five Trustees, appointed by the Bench of Bishops. The Chairman of the board of Trustees is The Reverend J Michael Williams. The Secretary to the Board of Trustees is Mrs Karen Phillips.